Welcome to iWHW
What drives us:
- Faced with increasing demand for healthcare services concomitant with substantial constraints on human and economic resources, healthcare is shifting towards scalable, affordable and mobile solutions. To this end, we develop novel methods for secure acquisition of sensor-derived, contextually-rich physical activity and other remotely monitorable data from smartphone and body sensors, and the transformation these raw data streams into actionable health information for health-care providers and consumers alike.
The main goals:
- Interrogate health care providers, health coaches, and consumers to better understand their desires, needs and constraints related to mobile health monitoring technologies.
- Better understand and develop new approaches for security, privacy, human-device interaction, information mining and computation, as well as storage and transmission of humans sensor data.
- Provide a proof-of-concept for future mobile health (mHealth) integration into the electronic health record (EHR).
- Utilizing existing technology, combined with technology that’s developed through this project, it will be possible to improve the health of individuals from the contextually-rich physical activity data derived from ubiquitous sensors that are anchored to validated person-reported outcome measures
- These new data streams, and their concomitant analyses, provide a novel context for innovative model for delivery of remote care and follow-up.
- Health coaches will be able to leverage these information streams to perform novel interventions that improve people's health.
- These technologies will evolve the concept of Electronic Health/Medical Records thereby facilitating new dimensions of communication between patients and providers.